Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Critique pics

Here are a sampling of the pics I submitted today for critique:

Sunset on the Arno:


The (Fake) David at night:


His accompanying TV Evangelist to maintain my PG rating, Benny Hinn (not one of my images and not for critique):

Source: bbc.co.uk

The Palazzo Vecchio at night:


The Duomo Bell tower and a nice pic for a post card (just add a horrible font):


The Lantern on top of the Duomo dome:


Also, as I have told several of you, I will be putting together a book of my pics from this trip to offer for sale thru blurb.com. I have a feeling it will be about $75 plus shipping (I only see a really small percentage of that if any at all). I'll post more info about that later.

Today, we visited the Uffizi Gallery which is a block away from my apartment. Unfortunately, they need to work on how they present some of their pieces. Botticelli's two masterpieces The Birth of Venus and the Primavera were sadly under lit and looked rather... well, blah. Both use gold leaf in various parts (Venus's hair particularly) and it should sparkle. But they are working on it. They are doing massive construction. One thing you can't avoid are the massive crowds. Even with its faults, this is not a museum you want to miss.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Incredible pics! I ecpecially liked the one of Benny Hinn. It almost makes him look human! By the way, Rebecca is having a boy!

Anonymous said...

Those pics are amazing! Yes, I am having a boy. There is a video of my sonogram on my facebook. The baby was not shy about letting us know he was a boy! Check out the video and you will see what I mean. I'm glad you are having a good time and am jealous that you are there and I'm not.