Thursday, July 17, 2008

Siena, San Gimigano, and more Florence

Some of these are more avante garde than my usual faire.

Siena:

This is the bell tower that I almost climbed to the top. I got to the second level of the top arch (the big one at the top) and decided that the brick floors held up by ancient 2x4's and the stairs with little between me and the several hundred foot drop were telling me to get back to the solid ground.


Here is a pic I took before climbing down. The Siena Duomo dome is covered for restoration.


San Gimigano, the Medieval Manhattan:




The Palazzo Vecchio from the Uffizi terrace:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it looks so fun. I wish I was shopping in those stores even though I cant afford any of those high end names right now! When do you come back? Part of me is thinking it will be this week like Wednesday the 24th. Let me know because you have been missed! Laters, Todders : )